Does small bsd cd exsit?

丁少衡 dshbusiness at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:28:59 UTC 2010

2010/4/13 Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com>

> ??? wrote:
>
>>  Hello, everyone,
>>  I want to try a bsd distribution. However, after downloading the PC-bsd
>> (DVD, over 3GB) from the web through all night, my download tool gave me
>> an
>> error signal... Then I found it may too much big to some extent. Does a
>> small one exsit, with a full GUI destop? I want use it on my laptop.
>>
>>  Thanks!
>>
>>  Try
> http://freebsd-custom.wikidot.com/
> It doesn't install a fully working GUI desktop like PCBSD, it is more like
> the tools for you to set up your own system using XFCE. The DVD is about
> 1.5GB and XCFE is a lot lighter than KDE (used by PCBSD).
>
> Chris
>
> Thanks a lot.
It also seems a little larger than I had expected. My dvd driver can not
burn a dvd image. I would prefer a single cd image just like ubuntu.
Now, I'm tring to install a pcbsd with a bootonly image, on my virtualbox.
I had failed to install once. It seems that the space of virutal disk is too
small (10GB). Now, I creat a new virtual machine with 30GB harddisk. I hope
it would be OK this time. I would install it on my laptop later if
everything were OK.