dbus/hal in freebsd 7.2 hangs X11

Giuseppe Pagnoni gpagnoni at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:56:37 UTC 2009

Hi William,

thank you very much for your reply.  I believe, though, that if you
disable hal and dbus in rc.conf, then you are not using them at all
(the corresponding daemons don't start up at boot time).  For me too
the window managers work fine *without* hal/dbus, but I was trying to
get these working.

best,
  giuseppe

--