SVN + Apache

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Sep 11 16:43:05 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The only relevance that this has to FBSD is that both Apache and
subversion were installed via packages.

I've been meaning to get around to enabling SVN so that I can access my
repo via HTTPs. However, most of the docs I've found via Sir Google
claim that it's likely that I'll have to recompile subversion ( and/or
apache ) in order to make it work.

Although I have very up-to-date clone-able backups and archives of this
particular system, I really don't want to do anything that has the
potential of clobbering my current working setup.

Can those in the know provide any insight into:

- how I can verify whether the necessary components are currently installed

- how to identify whether said components were compiled with the
appropriate args

- a q&d howto consisting of a path of least resistance ( or a reference
to a confirmed reliable existing howto )

- any caveats and/or things to look for prior to trying to implement it

I'm the only one who uses the repository ( at this time ), and currently
I access it via SSH. Security isn't an overly major concern at this
point, as I will just apply the web server to it's own IPv6 address and
filter those who could potentially access it via IPFW :)

Cheers!

Steve