flashplugin

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 28 02:56:11 UTC 2009

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> Ok... supose you use FreeBSD 7.2 P3  (last version) but the RELEASE
> should work too..
>
> supose you use AMD64....
>
> 1) compile a custom kernel with SEM (semaphore enable)
> (sem_enable=YES) in the loader.conf
> 2) deinstall all linux stuff,  remove the /compat/linux from the
> system, deinstall all pkg with linux....
> 3) supose you will choose the basics... that is linux fc4
> 4) mount the /proc and linprocfs  in fstab
> linproc /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw,noauto 0 0
> proc /proc procfs rw 0 0
> 5) install portmaster (recomended)
> 6) portmaster -Bdg www/linuxpluginwrapper
> 7) portmaster -Bdg www/linux-flashplugin9
> 8) mount -a (this will mount the /proc and linprocfs
> 9) nspluginwapper -v -a -i
> 10 ) if you are using epiphany..... cd
> /usr/local/lib/epiphany/2.26/plugins;ln -s
> /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/*.so .
> 11) make sure linux module is on the kernel......
> 12) run browser    and type about:plugins    (this will show you the
> plugin running)....
>

> This sure works...

The installation on the Acer travelmate 4400 turion 64bid was quite
simple - just following instructions I found for installing flashplayer9
... it went without a problem

The problem is on 7.2 p4 if I'm not mistaken on i386 - as I said, I was
able to install flashplayer9 and all went well, but the something
happened and I don't know what... now it is impossible to install any
flashplayer... I have tried them all... now I have linux-f10 with
flashplayer10 installed and all I get is an error that flashplugin.so
cannot be started because a shared file "freetype.so.6" cannot be
found... It's there allright and is linked to fretype.so.6.13 or some
number like that... the fine name may not be correct as I don't have it
in front of me... but then, where is this shared file supposed to be?
The setups for the flashplayer are such a ridiculous mess that I can
only laugh...There are obviously conflicts or something screwing things
up from other programs like gimp or ImageMagic or gstreamers or some
such stuff...