can't make www/linux-f10-flashplugin10

Jamie Griffin griffij9 at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Oct 26 14:38:56 UTC 2009

On Mon 26.Oct'09 at 13:17:56 +0300, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> The port www/linux-f10-flashplugin needs linux -f10- ports. The latter
> are defaults for FreeBSD-8.x and later. You can use them at 7.2
> (7.2-STABLE is preferred). For more unformation take a look at
> /usr/ports/UPDATING "20090401: AFFECTS: users of linux Fedora 8
> infrastructure ports" (it deals with non default f8 ports, f10
> are the same with "f10" value). HTH
>
> Please, keep in mind that those ports are not defaults for 7.x.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I worked out what was causing the problem in
the end. (incidentally, i already had made sure the linux-f10-base was
installed.) I had stupidly left whitespace after the  = sign in the file:

/etc/sysctl.conf:

OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT =f10
OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORT =f10

correcting that did the trick and its all working great.

Thanks again, though.

Jamie