WD External Disc Drive

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Oct 26 10:09:10 UTC 2009

Hi Rob,

just a little terminology note (from me, Mister Use-the-correct-words):
If you are refering to a kind of hard disk, use "disk" with k.
Think like "diskette". If you are refering to optical media,
use "disc" with c. Think like "CD = compact disc".

Disk: disk pack, hard disk, disk drive
Disc: optical disc, magneto-optical disc, disc drive

In your special case, you can even say that your external
hard disk shows up as a disc in "Windows". It's correct.

I know it may sound impolite (but it is not meant to be),
but using the correct terminology is very important if you
want to be understood correctly.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany