am I the only one, wrt gcc44 -- it is failing and I can't build octave or much else

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Mon Oct 26 07:46:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 02:53:36 -0400
Henry Olyer <henry.olyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> 'everything; is dying in /usr/ports/lang/gcc44

Update and clean out your ports tree (portsnap/ portsclean). And then
rebuild octave.

Take a look at the error message. Does it tell you to put something
like kern.maxdsiz="734003200" into /boot/loader.conf?

> I also want/need to run X, and my X session (just put up,) doesn't yet let
> me move the mouse.  I installed hal and dbus but what do I do now?
>
> And where or where do I put the "ServerFlags" entry in my xorg.conf file.
>  I'm sorry, I just don't know these things...

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html

Andreas
--
GnuPG key  : 0x2A573565    |    http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/de/
Fingerprint: 925D 2089 0BF9 8DE5 9166  33BB F0FD CD37 2A57 3565