Wifi Router and FreeeBSD - need some hints..

herbert langhans herbert.raimund at gmx.net
Sun Oct 25 07:40:54 UTC 2009

Hi Daemons,
I need some basic information about Wifi routers - very little I know about it.

There is my FreeBSD-server (the other one is Linux) and some clients are connected with a LAN-switch.

Now I want to add a Wifi Router to the network. I am not sure if I can set up the router without using some Windows software what comes with the router.

My questions:
I just connect the Wifi router to the LAN and it should work? Or do I need any software (drivers) to keep the thing running?

There must be some software to 'talk' to the router - for setup. Is there anything available for FreeBSD or do I need Windows environment (what I dont have available)? What did you use to install your Wifi-router?

Every hint is welcome, thank you!
herb langhans

--
sprachtraining langhans