Anybody is using VirtualBox?

Daniel C. Dowse dcdowse at gmx.net
Sat Oct 24 21:06:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:23:10 -0700
Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

> I am tryingto run Windows under FreeBSD.
>
> When I run:
> cat /dev/ad1s1 | VBoxManage stdin OutPutFile.vdi 21474836480
> on 80-RC2 I get this output:
> ERROR: failed to create the VirtualBox object!
> ERROR: code NS_ERROR_ABORT (0x80004004) - Operation aborted (extended
> info not available)
> Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running or failed to start.
>
> No processes with name VirtualBox are running.
>
> What could be the problem?
> Yuri

I have VirtualBox 3.0.51_OSE rr22900 successfully running on 7.2 ,
after i installed it from Ports i got a Kernel Panic after loading
vboxdrv. So i put all necessary modules in loader.conf and now
everything works really great with a Virtual WinXP installation.
loader.conf

vboxdrv_load="YES"
vbnetadp_load="YES"
vboxnetflt_load="YES"

Cheers

Daniel

--
Just because I don`t care - Doesn`t mean I don`t understand !
-- Homer J. Simpson