Anybody is using VirtualBox?

ltcddats at nildram.co.uk ltcddats at nildram.co.uk
Sat Oct 24 16:53:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:23:10 -0700
Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

> I am tryingto run Windows under FreeBSD.
>
> When I run:
> cat /dev/ad1s1 | VBoxManage stdin OutPutFile.vdi 21474836480
> on 80-RC2 I get this output:
> ERROR: failed to create the VirtualBox object!
> ERROR: code NS_ERROR_ABORT (0x80004004) - Operation aborted (extended
> info not available)
> Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running or failed to
> start.
>
> No processes with name VirtualBox are running.
>
> What could be the problem?
> Yuri

compiled virtual box this morning with additions to run winblows 2003
server. So far it is working better than the xp version which is good
as it is one less reason to have to put in the xp harddrive
Are you trying to run more than one image copied from the same file?
if so use vboxmanage internalcommands sethduuid to change the id of the
second image file as renaming does not do that, and you get an error if
you try to run it.