installation

Kelly Martin kellymartin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 07:21:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:10 PM, levent basar <eagleuk_1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> freebsd is one of the good ones but its hard to install why dont you make the installation user friendly like pc bsd and
> also there are so many ati graphic card users can you add some new ati drives to new freebsd ?

It's really not that hard to install. Of all the BSDs (including
NetBSD and OpenBSD), I find it the easiest. I try various Linux
installs every so often and always seem to have weird problems. I like
FreeBSD because it's simple once you get the hang of it, and it's very
well documented.

The FreeBSD Handbook has detailed documentation on how to install the
system, and it's head and shoulders above anything else out there for
other systems. Once you've done an install it will get easier the
second time and you can do it in a few minutes. Hang in there, it's
worth the effort.