Fwd: upgrading remote server

John Almberg jalmberg at identry.com
Sun Oct 18 21:18:44 UTC 2009

> My build-world is finally done, so going to see if it works, now...

H'mmm... I have a question about the kernel configuration file...

I am currently using a customer kernel. Unfortunately, this machine was
installed by someone before my time, so I don't know the details.

Can I make a 7.2 kernel using this 6.3 custom kernel configuration file?
Or should I start with the 7.2 generic, and somehow customize it correctly?

I've been looking at the custom  configuration file... so far, I can see
that it:

1. adds PF to the kernel
2. deletes unneeded drivers, like unused RAID cards and unused serial
interfaces.

Or should I just try the GENERIC kernel, and maybe just add PF to it?

-- John