Graphics card recommendation

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Wed Oct 14 17:52:29 UTC 2009

jgrosch at es.net writes:

>  I could be wrong but nVidia does not seem to be very interested
>  in working with the FreeBSD project to address these problems.

	nVidia has offered what many/most hardware vendors* do not: to
write and maintain a driver for their product.
	However, in order for that driver to be fully functional they
want certain improvements in FreeBSD - particularly the virtual
memory system.  Not an unreasonable request.
	Some work has been done; there was a post somewhere within the
last few months about John Baldwin making improvements.
	Check the archives of this list for pointers to the list of
changes and the status of the work.

				Robert Huff

* - a notable exception being Intel, for their network cards.