Relocating ~/.xsession-errors

Martijn van Buul pino at dohd.org
Tue Oct 13 21:42:10 UTC 2009

* Martijn van Buul:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed FreeBSD 8.0RC1 on my Acer Aspire One netbook, and so
> far things are working out OK. I'm using the SSD model, and since these
> netbooks have a notoriously slow SSD write speed, I'm trying to get rid of as
> much writes as possible. Furthermore, reducing writes might make it live
> longer.

OK, I "fixed" my own problem, but I'm not overly happy with it. Apparently
this filename and location are compile-time constants, so I had to revert
to making a patch and compiling my own package. I would've loved to avoid
this since it would make updating harder, but alas.

It's a bit ironic to see that in a world littered of XML schemas, config
files, gconf-voodoo and other configuration options you STILL end
requiring a patched binary. Ah well :)

Martijn van Buul - pino at dohd.org