server specification.

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 19:34:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:45:02 -0600
Tim Judd (tajudd at gmail.com) replied:

>Certain OEMs (ahem, Dell) I don't pick due to it's known legacy
>support or Technical Support unsupporting an OS that they don't get
>paid for.  Even if it's a hardware problem, they ask "try to duplicate
>the problem in windows, then we'll be able to support you".
>
>I turn Dell down, when I deal with my customers.

I have had excellent results with both Dell and HP. In the case of
Dell, twice they have shipped over night parts I required that were
under warranty at no cost to myself.

I think it is a little naive to feel that a company is suppose
to support any product that they are not actively associated with.

There cheaper models do use quite a bit of legacy products; however,
the intermediate and top end machines are far better. They also offer
the customer far more ways to customize the product.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

The bugs you have to avoid are the ones that give the user not only
the inclination to get on a plane, but also the time.

	Kay Bostic