server specification.

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:45:03 UTC 2009

On 10/12/09, Marwan Sultan <dead_line at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello gurus,
>

>  Im going to a new server, and i donot want to have a problem..
>
>  May please anyone advice me of any feed back of FreeBSD 7.2 with the
> following specification:
>
>  any problems?
>

> 1x Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
> Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2x 4MB L2
> Cache LGA 775
>
> 2GB DDR2 ECC
>
> 3WARE RAID SATA 2 ports
>
> 2x 250GB SATA in RAID 1
>

> So any problems with quad kentsfield and FBSD 7.2 ?
>

>  thank you in advance.
>

>  Marwan Sultan

Certain OEMs (ahem, Dell) I don't pick due to it's known legacy
support or Technical Support unsupporting an OS that they don't get
paid for.  Even if it's a hardware problem, they ask "try to duplicate
the problem in windows, then we'll be able to support you".

I turn Dell down, when I deal with my customers.

--Tim