best FBSD version for commercial use.

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Oct 10 20:41:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 23:08:42 +0200, Ross Cameron <abalour at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Marwan Sultan <dead_line at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Gurus,
>> Im planing to move out of my FreeBSD 4.8-R! which served me like a
>> charm for many years.
>>
>> But not sure if I should go for 6.3 or 7.2
>>
>> This server will be a DNS server, apache, shell accounts..php, mysql.
>
> I would definitely go with a 7.2 install (until 8.0 is marked as
> production ready by the fBSD dev team).

Excellent advice :-)

To the original poster:

The place to look for information about supported releases, the latest
release versions, planned release life-time and support cycles, etc. is
the FreeBSD web site.  If you haven't already found the relevant pages,
please visit http://www.freebsd.org/releases/ and have a look around.