Netwroked Storage

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Fri Oct 2 13:58:23 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I now have a quote from Dell, for a 4 TB, RAID5 NX3000 NAS.

It comes pre configured with Windows Storage Server 2008 Standard Edition.
Dell support assures me it will be compatable with NFS on FreeBSD, but if we
are not happy with it we can wipe it and install whatever software we want
... FreeNAS for example.

Questions:

Has anyone used/using Windows Storage Server 2008 with FreeBSD clients? Is
there any compatability loss? (NSF).

Is anyone using this specific hardware? If so, comments please!

-Grant

Has anyone used