ifconfig - GUI interface available?

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Thu Nov 26 16:11:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:35:55 +0100
herbert langhans <herbert.raimund at gmx.net> wrote:

> Its merely a matter of comfort. Like on OSX or the infamous MS-thing, there is a simple window. It shows all the ssid, you click on one (maybe the password is already assigned) and you get the certain wifi net.
>
> I use the laptop in different networks, often its auto selecting the wrong one. It would be great to point and click and get the connection..

Hence the link and the keyword wpa_supplicant. Any way, here is another link:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=wpa_supplicant.conf&sektion=5

Take a look at the example section. You can define multiple networks.

Andreas
--
GnuPG key  : 0x2A573565    |    http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/de/
Fingerprint: 925D 2089 0BF9 8DE5 9166  33BB F0FD CD37 2A57 3565