need insights with openssl....

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Nov 24 05:06:02 UTC 2009

>	We need to generate SSL keys for the Apache server.

I usually follow the FAQ of modssl (modssl.org); that's where I found
the most usefull sample of openssl commands. I just cut and paste.

The signing of certificate is not done by me though.

> 	One other thing that is confusing is what openssl has to do
> 	with apache.  Pointers to any tutorials or other documentation
> 	would be a huge help.

If you want Apache to serve encrypted contents (httpS, port 443) then
your Apache server needs a certificate, and you can use openssl to
generate the said certificate.

If you don't plan to server encrupted contents, you don't have to
worry about openssl.

Bests,

Olivier