Glassfish v3 server: Admin port in use

Pieter de Goeje pieter at degoeje.nl
Sat Nov 21 22:17:54 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 November 2009 15:01:55 Frank Staals wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm trying to deploy a Glassfish v3 server on my workstation since I
> need to do some jsf-developement. However when I try to start the server
> it keeps telling me the admin port I'm trying to use is allready in use
> by an other process, no matter what port I use. However I'm 100% certain
> there is nothing running on the port it should use (sockstat confirms
> that). Has anyone seen this type of behaviour and/or knows how to fix it
> ? I'm running FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 with jdk16 installed from ports. Full log
> is here: http://fstaals.net/junk/glassfish.txt

Perhaps this is an error specific to glassfish 3.
I used to have Glassfish 2.1.1 working on FreeBSD/head (i386). I don't know
what your requirements are but maybe that version will suffice? I used
the "Linux" installer if I remember correctly.

You can also try asking freebsd-java at freebsd.org.

Good luck,

Pieter de Goeje