7.2-RELEASE-i386-disk1.iso boot issue/problem/bug

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Nov 20 12:16:53 UTC 2009

Where/how can I get more information about Open Issue #20090501 as
listed in Section 3 (Open Issues) in the 7.2 Eratta?

   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.2R/errata.html

This problem has been annoying me greatly, primarily because I wasn't
sure if it might be due to my own (faulty?) CD/DVD writers, and I'd just
like to know what the current status on this bug/issue is.

I really do hope that somebody is working to fix this one.  I've got two
different systems here, of different vintages, where I have already ex-
perienced this exact problem, i.e. 7.2-RELEASE-i386-disk1.iso not booting,
even though the 7.2 i386 live file system _does_ boot.

	System 1:  MSI K9VGM-V motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 / 1640B CPU
	System 2:  Soyo KT333 Dragon Lite & AMD Athlon XP 2000+

If somebody knows the bug number so that I can look this up, I'd appreciate
it if you would share that.