FFTW + jna + java

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Wed Nov 11 19:11:13 UTC 2009

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to run a java application which uses JNA to use the native
FFTW libraries. The application was given as a netbeans project which
was configured for use in Windows. I changed the paths to the windows
libraries to the FreeBSD versions. However when I try to start the
application from within netbeans it crashes with the following error
message:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/librfftw.so: Undefined symbol
"fftwnd_create_plan_aux"

Has anyone an idea how to fix this ? I'm running FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 on
amd64 with jdk16, fftw, and jogl installed from ports. I downloaded the
jna.jar from the jna website ;

FreeBSD Rena.FStaals.LAN 8.0-RC1 FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 #0: Mon Nov  2 13:45:35
CET 2009     root at Rena.FStaals.LAN:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RENAKERNEL  amd64

frank at Rena# uname -a
FreeBSD Rena.FStaals.LAN 8.0-RC1 FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 #0: Mon Nov  2 13:45:35
CET 2009     root at Rena.FStaals.LAN:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RENAKERNEL  amd64

frank at Rena# pkg_info -Ex jdk
diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_6
jdk-1.6.0.3p4_12

frank at Rena# pkg_info -Ex fftw
fftw-2.1.5_6
fftw3-3.2.2_1

frank at Rena# pkg_info -Ex jogl
jogl-1.1.1

jna.jar version: 3.2.3 downloaded from https://jna.dev.java.net/

The VM-arguments when starting the application :
-Djna.library.path=/usr/local/lib -Djava.libary.path=/usr/local/lib

Anyone an idea what could be causing this, and/or how to fix it ?

--

- Frank

--

- Frank