networking won't come back up until reboot after ISP outage

Jason jhelfman at e-e.com
Sat Nov 7 18:07:12 UTC 2009

Have you tried restarting routing?

/etc/rc.d/routing restart

I have found the same symptoms with other outages and not performing the
above.

I have done "/etc/rc.d/netif restart" and "/etc/rc.d/routing restart".

Wtih using these commands, I have found this to be successful in restoring
network interfaces communication, without having to reboot.

Hope this helps.

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 03:05:40PM +0100, umage thus spake: