solution: getting a Motorola Razr V3 to work as a GSM modem on FreeBSD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Nov 5 21:59:46 UTC 2009

Allow me a quite formal addition:

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:15:24 -0500, Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote:
> For software to send the pages, I use the "gammu" port.
>                                                   ^^^^
> I ran "gammu-config" for the initial setup, and then moved the
> resulting file from /root/.gammurc to the more standard
> location: /etc/gammurc
            ^^^^
FreeBSD separates configuration files for the system (/etc
subtree) and for additional ports (/usr/local/etc subtree),
so /usr/local/etc/gammurc would, in my opinion, be the
correct place for this file.

> I thought I would share this in case anyone else ran into the same
> problem I did trying to get a USB modem to work when they plugged into
> FreeBSD!

Many thanks, Mark, this really sounds interesting and useful,
a very good combination. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany