Linux-realplayer missing from ports

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Wed Nov 4 18:05:38 UTC 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:16:09 -1000 Al Plant wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get Linux-RealPlayer to install from updated ports
>> collection on a FreeBSD 9 desktop box. (Xorg and www etc all installed
>> fine on this test box.)
>
>> Error says it cannot be found in our ports collection.
>
> Please, show the exact command you use and the error you get.
>
>> Is there a way
>> to locate the maintainer? This port is missing some components. Or can
>> it be down loaded into distfiles? If so from where?
>
>> Or has this been replaced by something else to play audio in ports. I
>> would be glad to try any port for playing audio from web or files that
>> is known to work.
>
> Don't think so:
> -----
> % whereis linux-realplayer
> linux-realplayer: /usr/ports/multimedia/linux-realplayer
> -----

Aloha Boris,

The error is "not found" on server for the 2007 version.

The above line is what should work. But it doesnt. There is a false old
version in the port list from the update on the server. This is
apparently a known issue as there are two (2) PR's with this issue
reported in the last few days.

If someone on our list knows the maintainer I think it could be
corrected easily. It may be an upgrade that failed to take as the two
versions are 2004 and 2007. I think 2007 should be there now.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >