[SPAM] FreeBSD 7.2 ia64

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:28:05 UTC 2009

2009/10/30 Matt Szubrycht <matts at bmihosting.com>:
> That's not normal... but then, what is these days?
> You probably saved some webpage instead of the actual iso (or whatever other
> format you were trying for)
>
> As old video games used to say: 'Try again?'
>
> Cheers,
> Matt
>
> On Oct 30, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Clayton Wilhelm da Rosa wrote:
>
>> Hi my name is Clayton Wilhelm da Rosa,
>>
>> I made the dowmload of FreeBSD 7.2 ia64 i wanna know if is normal the
>> files of disc 2 and 3 have only 364Kb size.
>>
>> thank you very much.

I am going to guess, that (1) as ia64 has quite a small
installed base as compared with i386 & amd64, and
(2) as disks 2 & 3 are merely packages (many of
which may not build for ia64 in any case (I do not
know, excoriate me not for my ignorance) and
utterly unneeded to install the basic system, the
maintainers, developers, or packagers may see
building and distributing such a large number of
rarely used or perhaps broken packages as a
poor use of their time.

to be so on all of the mirrors I checked.  Don't worry
about it, use disk1 to install and build your 3rd party
applications from ports.