Deinstall software

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun May 31 09:25:37 UTC 2009

Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> Your idea won't hurt in single-disk, single-partition case, but this
> case is prohibited by other "blind repeat" rule of making lots of
> partitions.

I didn't say anything about how file system layout should be mapped to
disk partitions[*]. Nor do I support the concept of making lots and lots of
small partitions.  Check the archives: I'm one of the people that regularly
advocates the 'one big root' style.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] Although historically there have been bugs with NFS exports making it
possible to access any files on the same partition, which would make a separate
partition for /exports a damn good idea.

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW