On the need for moderated questions lists

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri May 29 13:03:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 13:55:56 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>>> FreeBSD. for sure i will ask here if i will need help with FreeBSD.
>>
>> This includes at least two hypothetical scenarios:
>>
>> a) That the current list is an off-topic 'mess'.
>
> it is and will be.
>
>> b) That a moderated list would not be a 'mess'.
>
> b is implicit if rules will be clearly defined.

Not necessarily.

There were 'rules' in Nazi Germany too, and there usually exist at least
some 'rules' in oppressive regimes, but they do not necessarily, by
virtue of their mere existence, lead to satisfying results.

But this is a philosophical digression that may be more interesting for
other discussion forums.

>>    Collect data and summarize it in a very concise and readable
>>    way that proves there *is* a problem.
>
> already told you i will

Thank you!  I'll be watching for interesting updates :)