Flamewar ( was: Sponsoring FreeBSD)

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 11:08:44 UTC 2009

2009/5/28 Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>:
>>> anyway, i reread the original "sponsoring" offer and i think i understand
>>> well. so - if FreeBSD team like to accept donations that way, my 100$ is
>>> still waiting :)
>>
>> I am afraid you still do not understand it. This sponsorship offer was NOT
>> directed to you.
>
> did you really read my sentence.
>
> I TOO OFFER 100$ for getting my advert on FreeBSD webpage, as he did. If
> FreeBSD core team accept this, 200$ is ready.
>
> But i think you simply don't really want to read what i write, you better
> like to repeat the same sentences over and over again.
>
> hope it will change

Actually he said:

<QUOTE href=http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/12268152.html>
What we ask for in return for our sponsorships is a short mentioning
on the site somewhere with a link to our website.
</QUOTE>

I took that to mean on the Sponsors' page, not the main page, and even
if it does, it is _not your place_ to tell sponsors that their
donations aren't 'good' enough.

Now please read this question and answer it:

Why did you reply to the message?

Chris