How can this 'top' command output make sense? Load over 7 and total CPU use ~5%

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Mon May 25 08:33:51 UTC 2009

2009/5/25 Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>:
>>> first - says that it's measure of CPU load
>>> then - "or waiting for short-term events such as disk I/O" - which is NOT
>>> measure of CPU load.
>>>

>> Er, what? Of course it is!
>>
> amount of disk I/O is a measure of CPU load? seems you are true expert ;)

Do you ever think before you type? You regularly fill this mailing
list with crap, incorrect advice, and correcting experts on topics
that you haven't got a clue on.

Just google load average and see for yourself.

Remember checking things before making oneself look a fool? Perhaps
you used to do that at one time, most other people do.

Chris