How can this 'top' command output make sense? Load over 7 and total CPU use ~5%

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun May 24 19:27:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, 24 May 2009 12:02:41 -0700, Michael David Crawford <mdc at prgmr.com> wrote:
> Mac-Pro has good prices on used Mac laptops.  A G4 PowerBook is $500 to
> $650 depending on what kind of burner is installed.
>
>     http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.66/.f

Hmmm... I still think about reviving my iBook G4, maybe
it gives a good Netbook-lookalike. :-)

> I was just now looking into ARM netbooks.  I think there's only one
> actual shipping model so far, but ARM shows great promise because ARM
> CPUs use very little power.  I expect there will be lots of them by the
> end of the year.

Thre has been an interesting article on OSNews lately:

	http://www.osnews.com/story/21530/The_Loongson-2_MIPS_Lemote_Yeeloong_Netbook

Maybe this is interesting, too.

> Is there a FreeBSD ARM port? There's not one for 7.2.

I'm not aware of one, but I think NetBSD has it. But
finally, NetBSD isn't FreeBSD. :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany