How can this 'top' command output make sense? Load over 7 and total CPU use ~5%

Michael David Crawford mdc at prgmr.com
Sun May 24 19:02:42 UTC 2009

This guy advises buying an old G4 Mac laptop to use as a netbook:

    http://lowendmac.com/ed/herlihy/09ph/ibook-netbook.html

While Apple might be planning to stop supporting PowerPC, one could run
FreeBSD on it.

Mac-Pro has good prices on used Mac laptops.  A G4 PowerBook is $500 to
$650 depending on what kind of burner is installed.

    http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.66/.f

I was just now looking into ARM netbooks.  I think there's only one
actual shipping model so far, but ARM shows great promise because ARM
CPUs use very little power.  I expect there will be lots of them by the
end of the year.

Is there a FreeBSD ARM port? There's not one for 7.2.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdc at prgmr.com

    prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

       Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen