isc-dhcp logging and status query

Pieter Donche Pieter.Donche at ua.ac.be
Thu May 7 10:00:17 UTC 2009

FreeBSD7-amd64:
I set up /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp30-server
for static IP addresses (based on the MacAddress)
This works, but I wonder where I can see information of the status?

1. The doc says I should see dhcp log messages (default in /var/log/messages)
but I see nothing about dhcp in /var/log/messages.
(I wonder where they are now, before hacking /etc/syslog.conf)

2. Is there any tool to see what Statically assigned IP address are handed
out at a given time?
(I also see nothing in /var/db/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases file execpt comments)