ReturnCode Checking for FTP

Eddie Chen echen at nyx.com
Wed May 6 14:53:31 UTC 2009

Lowell,

         On my AIX and Linux system we don't have fetch installed. I
Googled  "fetch", can't found the download  URL for "fetch".
   It seems "fetch(1)" will get file(s)... We mostly push the file(s) to
the clients.  Thanks.

                Lowell Gilbert
             <freebsd-question
             s-local at be-well.i                                          To
             lk.org>                   freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
                                                                        cc
                05/05/2009             Eddie Chen <echen at nyx.com>
             08:56 PM                                              Subject
                                       Re: ReturnCode Checking for FTP

             Please respond to
             freebsd-questions
               @freebsd.org

Eddie Chen <echen at nyx.com> writes:

>    I am looking for a FTP clients that exit with a return code.
>
>    However, last week I download the tnftp and started implementing it.
>    It's actually trivial to implement this feature.
>
>    If this works, do you think it should be part of the ftp client.

I've never used return codes with ftp(1),
but I have used them with fetch(1), which
is also part of the base system.

Have you tried fetch?  If it doesn't meet
your needs, can you explain why?

                         http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment
to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete
it from your system. Thank you.  NYSE Euronext, Inc.