ReturnCode Checking for FTP

Eddie Chen echen at nyx.com
Tue May 5 21:26:01 UTC 2009

Lowell,

   I am looking for a FTP clients that exit with a return code.

   However, last week I download the tnftp and started implementing it.
   It's actually trivial to implement this feature.

   If this works, do you think it should be part of the ftp client.

   Thanks.

                Lowell Gilbert
             <freebsd-question
             s-local at be-well.i                                          To
             lk.org>                   Eddie Chen <echen at nyx.com>
                                                                        cc
                05/05/2009             freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org
             02:23 PM                                              Subject
                                       Re: ReturnCode Checking for FTP

             Please respond to
             freebsd-questions
               @FreeBSD.org

Eddie Chen <echen at nyx.com> writes:

>     I am looking of implementing FTP return code checking after a command
> is issued
>     If the FTP command return   "code"   not equal from return code to be
> check,  EXIT 255.
>
>     Command:   "? nnn". Where "nnn" is the return code to be check.

I'm afraid that I don't understand your question.
Are you looking for an FTP client that will provide specific return
codes for specific errors?
Are you looking for the error codes for a specific FTP client?
Are you looking for help scripting your use of an FTP client?

                         http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment
to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete
it from your system. Thank you.  NYSE Euronext, Inc.