How can I extract differences between 2 folders ?

Yavuz Maşlak yavuz.maslak at netiletisim.net
Tue May 5 18:35:35 UTC 2009

First I am sorry writing folders instead of files.
as far as I see diff command compares differences line by line between 2
files

That's to say,
File a
orange
blue
yellow

File b
yellow
blue
orange

diff --suppress-common-lines -w -y a b
orange                                                        <
blue                                                          <
                                                              > blue
                                                              > orange

as above you see,  A and B files contains the same strings but their's lines
are different
I wish diff or another command not to display same values which are in
different lines.