Issues with OpenLDAP 2.4.15 and FreeBSD 8.0-CUrrent as well as with FreeBSD 7.2-PRE using DB 4.7

Bartosz Stec admin at kkip.pl
Tue Mar 31 03:53:02 PDT 2009

O. Hartmann pisze:
> I reported this earlier here and now I'm about to file a PR. Before
> that, I will ask whether there is a solution out here or someone can
> give a hint in case I ran into a hidden misconfiguration.
>
> First I see on all FreeBSD flavours (7.2 and 8.0) a coredump of LDAP
> clients when doing ldapsearch, ldappasswd. The client performs well,
> but at the end it terminates with some SIG 11.

That's really funny when ldapadd just do what you want it to do, and
gives you core dump instead of "bye bye" ;) I have the same issue with
FreeBSD 7.2 (I'm not using OpenLDAP on CURRENT). From my observations
this behaviour depends on options checked with 'make config'. SIG 11
occurs with default settings, so I checked ONLY bdb, perl and SASL (just
what I needed for shared address book). and now it is working like a
charm. However it's not a SOLUTION for this problem, especially when you
need other options from config.

--
Bartosz Stec