freebsd 7.1 ipv6 multihoming

zgabe zgabe84 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:40:16 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I am using laptop, FreeBSD 7.1 connecting to two ISPs (wlan and ppp) and I
have IPv6 addresses. 'netstat -rn' says there is only one default gateway
(for example wlan's default gateway). My problem is the following:
If I ping the ppp tunnel from an other computer, my laptop recieves the
ICMP6 echo request over the ppp tunnel, but it answers over the wlan
interface. So If the laptop losts the wlan's connection, It becomes
unreacheable. I read some similar posts (only ipv4) about forwarding with
IPFW, but I was unable to solve my problem until now.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!