analyzing httpd-error.log

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Sun Mar 29 10:33:52 PDT 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 11:51 PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Webalizer is doing what it's supposed to with httpd-access.log, but
>> when I give it the error log to process is coughs, spits and spills
>> out errors with no data processed.  My research hasn't turned up a
>> good solution for webalizer and -error.log.
>
> The format of error log is pretty much different from the format of
> transfer log. No wonder webalizer is not liking it. You may have to
> write your own format for th error log.

Well, can anyone suggest a port that will parse the error.log and
output it to a web page that's easy to read?

Also, in httpd.conf what level of detail should I set in the error.log
to get the most information.  It's currently set to 'warn', which I
understand to be 'warn' and everything more critical than that.  I
don't care about the size of the log, or the amount of garbage per line.