Anonymizer tool like Tor?

Gilles gilles.ganault at free.fr
Fri Mar 13 01:28:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:47:07 -0400, "T."
<freebsd-questions at lists.goldenpath.org> wrote:
>You want a transparent tor proxy, which you setup with freebsd and pf.

Thanks much for the help. If my modest Python script used to download
some web pages goes through Tor, is there a way for the remote web
server to somehow trace this connection back to me?

FWIW, the web server is run by people who do care for their data (they
sell company listings for a living), but aren't l33t hackers either.

>You do not want to run tor as root, which unfortunately takes some
>tweeking to run properly as the default _tor user.

Can you elaborate? After compiling the Ports, a "_tor" user is
created. I could successfully launch Tor by "su - _tor".

Thank you.