Checksum mismatches when csup-ing.

Paul van der Zwan paulz at vanderzwan.org
Tue Jun 23 14:47:01 UTC 2009

On 23 jun 2009, at 15:53, Erik Trulsson wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:43:36PM +0200, Paul van der Zwan wrote:

>>> Most people will use a local mirror as listed in the handbook:
>>>
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
>>>
>>> Check and see if you have the same problem with one of the mirror
>>> sites.
>>>

>> I have tried both cvsup.freebsd.org and cvsup.nl.freebsd.org with
>> both
>> csup and cvsup and I get checksum mismatches on all attempts.
>>
>>> If you've got the same problem, then your cvsup config file for src
>>> could be up the creek.
>>>
>> I have deleted /usr/sup/src-all/* bun that did not fix the checksum
>> errors,
>> just gave me a lot of SetAttr messages the first run.
>> If you mean my c{v}sup config file, that hasn't been changed in years
>> and
>> how would an error in that file cause errors on src-all but none on
>> ports-all ?
>>

>>> If the problem disappears, then the server is up the creek.
>>>
>> I am stumped, as far as I can tell it's no local config problem, but
>> what's causing it?
>> I have no idea..
>> Am I the only one seeing these errors ?
>

> Nope, I am seeing exactly the same thing. (And I am using different
> mirrors
> than you are.)
> Since I too am only seeing this for src-all and not ports-all I
> suspect it may be a problem with the svn->cvs export. (src-all is
> nowadays
> maintained in a subversion repository and the changes automatically
> exported
> to the cvs repository, while ports-all is still maintained directly
> in the
> cvs repository.)

Well at least I am not the only one seeing these errors. I think we can
rule out a local problem and will have to wait for someone to fix this.

> Note: I use cvsup to maintain a local copy of the cvs repository.
> It is not clear if you too is doing that, or if you use cvsup to
> check out
> just the latest version.

I use cvsup/csup to mirror the cvs repo and I do a local cvs checkout.
But until these errors are fixed I will not be doing any checkouts and
build
for src. I don't think I can trust the repository...

	Paul