FreeBSD 7.2 Intel i915 / Xorg issue

Shawn Badger shawnbadger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:46:51 UTC 2009

Hi, I've seen several posts with similar issues, but none of them have
helped me resolve my own.  I am using 7.2-RELEASE on my laptop with an
Intel i915 graphics card.  My problem is that Xorg refuses to start
(most of the time) and posts an error in the log:
    drmDropMaster failed: Unknown Error -1

I have gotten X to start on occasion, but I've never been able to get
fluxbox to start.  The command "Xorg -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf -retro"
always works correctly.

xorg.conf:     http://pastebin.com/f44c3bfa1
Xorg.0.log:    http://pastebin.com/f22d7e99c
dmesg output:  http://pastebin.com/f7d02e787