Unable to start clamsmtpd

Ott Köstner ottk at zzz.ee
Sun Jun 14 19:28:25 UTC 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 9:28:31 pm Carmel wrote:
> I just installed clamsmtpd on a fresh FreeBSD-7.2 installation. When I
> attempt to start the program via the start up script supplied by the
> port maintainer, I receive this error message:
>
> Clamsmtpd: invalid Outaddress socket name or ip: start

I have clamsmtp running fine on my mail server. Hope I can help You.

First, please check that the directory, where clamsmtpd creates socket, is writable by clamsmtpd user.
For example, I have yhe following lines in my config file:

[...]
# The address clamd is listening on
ClamAddress: /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
[...]
# User to switch to
User: clamav

...and...

# ls -ld /var/run/clamav/
drwxr-xr-x  2 clamav  clamav  512 Nov 27  2008 /var/run/clamav/

# ls -l /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
srwxrwxrwx  1 clamav  clamav  0 Nov 27  2008 /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock