ISP questions

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Jun 8 21:01:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 04:45:43AM -0400, Jerry wrote:

> I have used GoDaddy for 7 years now without a single problem. Maybe I
> am just lucky. I have only contacted them twice; however, I received
> a quick and courteous response to my inquiry.

I try to learn from others' mistakes to reduce the likelihood that I will
be forced to learn from my own.  If you really want to learn from your
own mistakes, though, go ahead and ignore the instances where GoDaddy has
screwed over other customers, and just keep using it in willful ignorance
until the day when your luck changes.  I guess that's your prerogative.

> I know nothing about their philanthropic practices, nor does it concern
> me, unless I happen to be the beneficiary of such acts.

I think you missed the import of what I said about supporting open source
projects, and how that seems a strongly correlated indicator of other
good business practices.

Quoth Paul Graham: "Object-oriented programming offers a sustainable way
to write spaghetti code."