Set Terminal "title" in xfce to pwd

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Sun Jun 7 14:11:52 UTC 2009

Daniel Underwood wrote:
> How can I change the Terminal title (the title shown on open instances
> of Terminal on the panel in xfce) to display *only* the present
> working directory.  Currently they all show "Terminal - daniel at bsdbox:
> ~", for example.

That's shell dependent. You can change an xterm's title
by printing a specific character sequence. For example:

printf '\033]0;%s\007' 'The title goes here'

Then you have to alter the string - to include your working
directory - every time you change a line. Check the following
page for your shell:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Xterm-Title.html

HTH, Nikos