Opinion request about a file server

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:57:43 UTC 2009

Hello community,

 I have an old computer (ASRock P4Dual-915GL) with Intel P4
CPU at 3.0Ghz and 2Gb of RAM.

 I am asking the list maybe is somebody out there with a similar
configuration
and running FreeBSD on such a system as a File Server and Print Server
using samba.

 What i mainly try to achieve, talking in storage space, is 2 HDD of 1TB in
mirroring using gmirror(8) and 1 separate HDD of 500Gb.

 So do you think the system I've mentioned would handle the load? The server
will be
used by 4 people for storage of all sorts of files that can be found in
Design and daily
Office World (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc, Word Documents, etc).

Thank you,
network warrior since 2005