Stale lockfile

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu Jun 4 03:49:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 11:55:56PM +0200, Jos Chrispijn wrote:

> Can someone tell me what this file exactly is for?  Got the message
> 'Stale lock file found. Removed' running 'portupgrade -a'.

When portupgrade is working correctly the lock file(s) should be
removed after the database updates.  Did this by any chance start
after upgrading Ruby?  That's when my portupgrade stopped deleting the
lock files, and I've seen one post on the ports mailing list mentioning
similar symptoms after Ruby was upgraded.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net