replacing GNATS?

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 00:45:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Alexander
Best<alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> i remember reading an interview with a fbsd maintainer where he stated that
> nobody's happy with the old GNATS bug tracking system, but since it works
> they're keeping it.
>
> why not move to bugzilla or another bug tracking system? most of them come
> with GNATS_2_* scripts.
>
> switching from cvs to svn (except ports) worked pretty well so why not
> continue in that fashion?

Hi, Alexander

I don't know if this is what you were referencing about the interview,
but there was a funded project announcement in June about this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2009-June/001261.html

Just in case that's not what you're referring to.

Cheers.

(Disclaimer:  No, I am not justifying GNATS over Bugzilla, cvs over
svn, etc, etc.  It was unclear to me if you were referring to the same
'interview', and I thought I would provide a link.)

--
Glen Barber