vim port have a lot of broken links ??

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Sat Jul 25 03:01:34 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 17:37:37 Kalle Møller wrote:
> Well any other port works flawless. It's only the vim ports (other = screen
> sudo wget bash apache22 mysql-server subversion etc)
>
> And the ISP is not the problem - I works for them in the network department
> (its on a 10 G link :D )
>
> I just made a make distclean and make again
>
> => vim-7.2.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /tmp/ports/distfiles/vim.
> => Attempting to fetch from http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/.
> fetch: transfer timed out
> => Attempting to fetch from
> http://mirrors.24-7-solutions.net/pub/vim/unix/. vim-7.2.tar.bz2
>                    100% of 7034 kB  254 kBps 00m00s
>
> This takes 2-3 min And the 24-7 site only have to around 190....  the last
> 40 needs to wait for both primary and 24-7 to timeout before the 3rd site
> "delivers"
>

> Looked a little deeper... It seems like I can
>
> wget http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002
>
> But i cannont
>
> fetch http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.002
>
> wget goes smoothly but fetch times out

Check your environment for the HTTP_PROXY value, aside from IPv6 like Steve
said.
Additionally, you can sort various master sites to your preferences:
- /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk lists various master sites for ports that have
many.
- In there we see:
  .if !defined(IGNORE_MASTER_SITE_VIM)
MASTER_SITE_VIM+= \
        http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/ \
        http://mirrors.24-7-solutions.net/pub/vim/unix/ \
  ... etc ..
- So we can put in /etc/make.conf:
IGNORE_MASTER_SITE_VIM=yes
MASTER_SITE_VIM=list_of_sites_that_work_best

I regularly change this master sites based on geographical location.
--
Mel